INSTITUTIONAL SELF EVALUATION REPORT (ISER) 2022
Conclusion and Evaluation part of Institutional Self Evaluation Report 2022 is given in English below. Click here to access the full report (in Turkish).
CONCLUSION AND EVALUATION
Yaşar University has made significant improvements and developments in the internalization and dissemination of the quality assurance system throughout the university considering the 2022 Institution Internal Evaluation Report.
In the Results Section of the 2021 Institution Internal Evaluation Report, improvement activities that had been given in the Institutional Monitoring Report after the visit by THEQAC on December 25, 2020, were presented in 19 out of 21 areas open to improvement. And in the 2022 Institution Internal Evaluation Report, detailed information on improvement activities carried out for all areas open to improvement was provided.
The activities, that were carried carried out in 2022 under the supervision of the Quality Commission and the coordination of the Quality Coordination Office to establish, internalize, and disseminate the Quality Assurance System and its subsystems, are listed below in bullet points;
– The PDCA cycles, processes, and schedules of the Quality Assurance System and its sub-systems have been defined and published on the official quality access page,
– With the help of meetings and trainings that have been conducted with administrative and academic quality representatives assigned in all administrative and academic unit, the culture of quality within the institution has been promoted. Additionally, it has been ensured that all activities carried out throughout the university are systematically reported in digital environment in accordance with the strategic purpose areas,
– Job descriptions of all commissions and committes have been created, and for public accountability member lists of all commissions and committes are published on the quality official access page,
– For public accountability, minutes of the Quality Commission meetings have been published on the official quality access page,
– In order to increase and disseminate stakeholder participation, external advisory boards have been established for all academic departments/programs, the names and titles of the external advisory board members have been published on the quality official access page as a result of signing the express consent texts,
– In academic departments/programs, Education and Training Quality Assurance Reports have been prepared and published on the quality official access page in accordance with the criteria and sub-criteria under the Education and Training title of the THEQAC Institutional Self Evaluation Report,
– The PDCA Cycles of all academic departments/programs have been defined and published on the quality official access page,
– The Quality Student Community has been established to ensure effective participation of all stakeholders in the university’s quality processes and the head of the community has been appointed as a member of the THEQAC-IAP,
– The workflows and/or procedures of all administrative units have been updated and published on the quality official access page,
– The PDCA cycles of all administrative units and service procurement companies have been defined in order to carry out the tasks in their responsibility with the Plan-Do-Check-Act cycle and to monitor the improvement activities,
– The stakeholder model of the university has been developed and published on the quality official access page,
– In addition to the existing accreditations at the university, in 2022 the Faculty of Engineering’s Software Engineering Department has been awarded MÜDEK Accreditation, and the Department of Architecture at the Faculty of Architecture has been awarded MIAK Accreditation,
– A monitoring system has been established and published on the quality official access page for departments/programs in the process of preparing for accreditation applications,
– An independent system has been established to monitor national and international university rankings,
– The ISO 9001 Quality Management System Certificate, previously held only by the Registrar’s Office, has been acquired by all administrative units under the General Secretary,
– University policy texts have been updated updated within the scope of improvement and monitoring studies and the necessary policy texts have been created,
– In the scope of measurement and evaluation activities, in addition to existing student course evaluation surveys, a satisfaction survey has been conducted for university students to serve as a basis for improvements to enhance the quality of education, and an employee satisfaction survey has been conducted and implemented to measure the satisfaction levels of all employees regarding the processes and services provided by the university. In order to meet the requirements of the Higher Education Quality Board to inform the public and accountability in the quality internal evaluation processes at universities Academic Managers Evaluation Questionnaire was prepared and applied.
Considering that the Higher Education Quality Board Institutional Accreditation Program has met the necessary conditions (Institutional External Evaluation Program, Monitoring Program) and on the grounds that the preliminary preparations for the sufficient conditions have been completed, based on the relevant invitation letter sent by the Higher Education Quality Board, an application was made to the 2023 Institutional Accreditation Program on February 22, 2023.